Mid-Coast Audubon would like to support your school or library’s natural history teaching and exploration by providing equipment and resources to establish a bird feeding station. A Mid-Coast Audubon volunteer will come to your facility to help with setup and activities to launch or enhance your program. The feeder station includes:
- Mounting pole for feeders
- A large cylinder or tube feeder
- A suet feeder
- A squirrel baffle
- A metal container to store seed away from moisture and rodents
- Starter supply of sunflower seed (50 lbs.) and suet (15 blocks)
- A copy of the “Young Birder’s Guide to Birds of North America” by Bill Thompson III
- A copy of “Maine’s Favorite Birds” by Jeff and Alison Wells
- A poster featuring common backyard birds of the northeast by Roger Tory Peterson
- A resource list that includes information about Common Core Standards and Citizen Science Projects kids can participate in.
- 2 compact binoculars
To apply, fill out the online application form. Application deadline is March 15, 2020.
Want to help us supply more schools and libraries? Make a donation to our feeder station program by sending a check to Mid-Coast Audubon, P.O. Box 458, Damariscotta, ME 04543. Thank you for helping us teach kids about birds!